Friday, May 17, 2013

Wreaths



Last year, for the first time ever, I hung a wreath on my front door.
The wreath wasn't new, I'd hung it in my house before but for some reason never on the front door.
I liked coming home and seeing a bit of Easter on my door.
I think it's safe to say I'm a bit addicted to front door wreaths now.


This year I hung my Easter wreath again but after Easter was over I decided I still needed a touch of spring to welcome all to my home.
So I decided to try my hand at flower arranging and wreath design.
I headed off to my local Hobby Lobby, coupon in hand and found some supplies I thought I could handle.
I don't think I've ever mentioned it but I'm not very good at arranging flowers.
Case in point...
Whenever someone (usually my husband) gives me a bouquet of flowers that you have to put in your own vase I ask my husband to arrange them for me. He does a much better job.

Anyway, regardless of my lack of talent for flower arranging I decided to try to make a spring wreath with flowers for my front door.

As you can see I made a mess.



And here's the finished product.
I think it turned out alright.
I might have gotten a little carried away with the purple flowers sticking out and yes they may have poked my daughter in the face when she tried to open and shut the door and so I just might have had to shorten the ribbon it's hanging from and shortened some of the purple flowers
but over all I think it's better than what I usually am able to do with flowers.


I used a lot of hot glue and some floral wire so here's hoping it stays together.
And this is the first I've worked with painted burlap ribbon.
That stuff is so stiff and unyielding but I like the way it turned out and it wasn't so bad I wouldn't use it again.

And
The really important part is that when I pull in my driveway and see it, it makes me smile














No comments: